We’re one of the world’s most iconic travel brands based in the Central London, King’s Cross area. Thanks to us, travellers can breakfast in London and lunch in Paris and it’s all just a high-speed train ride away. We’re working hard to become Europe’s most loved travel brand. And that’s where you come in.
As the Senior DevOps engineer at Eurostar you will be the go to girl or guy for all thing’s infrastructure, tooling, security and automation. You will play a key part in shaping the future of Eurostar’s digital platform by ensuring that it is automated, secure, scalable and monitored. You’ll play a pivotal role in helping to solve some of the hardest problems we face while aggressively expanding our backend microservices platform and portfolio of frontend apps which make use of it.
We are looking for someone to...
- Be an outspoken champion for automation, monitoring, scalability, security and most of all simplicity
- Act as a technical lead and mentor to the other less experienced DevOps Engineers and Developers in the team
- Work closely with the Web Solutions Architect and DevOps Manager to define architectural principles and security standards and then ensure that they are implemented across our system stack
- Work within multiple agile product teams simultaneously to deliver robust delivery pipelines, applications or microservices which adhere to the architectural principles and security standards you helped define
- Participate in our paid out of hours on call rota
- 5+ years’ experience designing, building, securing, scaling and running production workloads on Amazon Web Services
- Production experience running containerized workloads (Docker and K8s preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience working with microservices architectures
- Ability to automate cloud infrastructure builds at scale (terraform preferred)
- Demonstrable working knowledge of security on both the infrastructure and application level
- Understanding of why monitoring is important and the ability to read and interpret application
and infrastructure metrics
Experience with Scrum and/or Kanban, user stories and iterative development
- Experience with Web Application Firewalls and Intrusion Detection Systems (Alert Logic)
- Experience working with modern SAAS tooling like CircleCI, Github, Heroku, Datadog, Papertrail, PagerDuty and SatusCake
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and/or Microsoft Azure
- The ability to code in one or more of the following: Node.js, Java, or Python
- Working knowledge of Content Delivery Networks (Fastly preferred)
If you feel like your skills and experience are relevant for the role, please don't hesitate to apply!
Eurostar is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity